[Shop-talk] Fwd: Plumbing fun

Ian McFetridge shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org
Fri Aug 2 06:04:09 MDT 2019

My house has some of these fittings that I had never seen before:
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Plumbing-Installation/Press-Tools
They're thicker than normal fittings and have an o-ring that is clamped
down on the pipe to form a seal.   I've not seen leaks at any of them, but
I wonder how that o-ring will age (hoping it is something more stable than
natural rubber!)  They're kind of like a hybrid of the pex crimping, but on
copper