[Shop-talk] temporary connections

Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA gsteve at hammatt.com
Thu Aug 15 21:31:43 MDT 2019

I’m looking for something to temporarily connect a pair of 2” thick panels (3’x 6’) to form
a right angle.  Inexpensive and easily knocked apart for quick assembly and teardown.
Panels weigh nearly 100 lbs each.  First thought was strap hinges with removable pins.
Strangely I haven’t seen anything with removable pins, they mostly say non-removable.
Maybe something like a fitting thru a slot with a tapered wedge acting as a pin, like
maybe in concrete form assembly.....?  But haven’t seen anything that would work.
I only need two, this is a one-time build and it will be used in the shop!
Thanks for any ideas.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com