[Shop-talk] It's hot and I want AC

Benjamin Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 10:11:12 MDT 2019

Anyone installed a mini-split AC system in their shop?  It looks like its
effective and can save a bunch of money if you do it yourself.  My problem
is sizing it.  I've got about 1000 sq ft (35 x 28) with 17' ceilings.  Two
insulated overhead doors (12x14 and 10x10).  The shop is reasonably well
insulated (mostly) and I'm in southern Indiana (often low-mid 90's and
humid).  I'd probably put it midway up the wall and have it blow out into
the bays.

I'm considering buying an initial 2 or 3 ton unit and then I can add one if
its not enough.  I'm also wondering whether those of you who have AC run it
all the time or only when you're in the shop?

Suggestions?

Ben.....

--
Ben Zwissler