[Shop-talk] Plumbing fun

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Tue Jul 30 19:15:09 MDT 2019

There are screens at the inlets where the hoses connect to the back
of my washing machine.  When I have this problem, I always find a
bunch of sediment and debris clogging up the screens.  It is easy to
check and easy to fix.  Invest ten minutes in checking that before
you start a major project. These are what I'm talking
about:
www.amazon.com/Danco-80070-Washers-Screen-Black/dp/B000KKULR2/ref=sr_1_11

-Steve

At 09:01 PM 7/30/2019, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk wrote:

>And then, this project has got me thinking.  It might be my cue to
>buy a roll of PEX, a cutter and a crimper and start using it to fix
>this problem and the next one on my list, the washing machine.  At
>the moment when you select a hot water wash, the machine fills up at
>a rate of about a gallon a day.  Is it just the fill hose being
>clogged, or the valve, or the pipes feeding it?  Fun fun fun!
>
>mjb.

---