[Shop-talk] Cabin Air Filters

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Fri Mar 8 20:53:03 MST 2019

I went to change the cabin air filter in my Ford Expedition and I
found out that it doesn't have one.  Do Explorer drivers have more
sensitive lungs than Expedition drivers?  If the filter is just a
square of filter material, I would think you could leave it out.  If
it includes a plastic piece that essentially seals the slot in the
housing, then you might want to keep that and just remove the filter
media part.

-Steve T.

At 02:29 PM 3/8/2019, eric--- via Shop-talk wrote:
>OK, so my Ford Explorer is due for a new 'cabin air filter.'
>
>It's $14 bucks, so I got it.  But my question is, do you really need
>them?  Can I just remove it and leave it out?  I'm not allergic nor
>am I needing to have 'filtered' air.  In fact, I think the whole
>idea of them is insane.  But is there anything it is protecting?
>
>Thanks in advance!

---