[Shop-talk] annoying calls

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon Mar 25 11:20:52 MDT 2019

First, I think we all need to start telling congress to FIX THIS ISSUE or
vote them out.  It would be easy to fix it, but they don't want to upset
their campaigning.

There are lots of things you NEED to do to get *some* results.  First,
register on the do not call list...
https://www.donotcall.gov/

Now, when you get a call.  DO NOT ANSWER IT--- EVER!!!!!!

If you don't know the number, DO NOT ANSWER- PERIOD.  If it's important,
they will leave a message.

You can report calls to...
https://www.donotcall.gov/
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

And often filing this is more of a hassle, but I have seen some types of
calls stop.

You more than likely have a 'call blocking' option on the line
(conveniently, there is a charge for this service in most cases.)  Use
that for repeat callers.

NOTE TO PIXEL USERS (and I'm sure some other cell phone manufactures) they
have built in call blocking for free.

Don't forget, many of these are scam calls, so they do not play by the
rules.  Best thing to do is to keep you number to yourself as best as you
can (NEVER put it on a courtesy card or anything like that.)

Good luc...

Oh wait, my phone is ringing.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?