[Shop-talk] Garage ceiling height

Mark Andy marka at maracing.com
Tue Mar 26 17:56:22 MDT 2019

Howdy,

Not a direct answer to your question, but when we built our shop I was also
restricted to 10' sidewalls, so that things didn't look out of whack.

I ended up using a scissor truss over the area where the lift would go,
with garage door tracks that followed the now angled ceiling.  That gave a
good bit more clearance for a lift.

Not sure that works for your situation, but wanted to mention it, in case
it did.

Mark