[Shop-talk] annoying calls

Battmain battmain at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 22:50:44 MDT 2019

Some of my annoying calls came from credit cards I owned. I warned them once and called their customer service directly requesting to be removed from the call list. Those that continued after 30 days were cancelled. So far, Amex has been the best card last 10 years. No stupid lock downs when I travel by car and have to fill up multiple times. Immediate email notification of a charge.Talking within 5minutes of swiping the card. Immediate resolution of disputes. (Seems that is one reason merchants dislike the card)   For spam on the cell phone. Somehow my unlisted number got exposed, now I just mark the calls spam. If they call back again, they get blocked. Seems to go in waves. Have also noticed calls from repeat numbers stop when I report to donotcall.gov. Usually wait until I have 6 or 7 calls from the number before reporting, but it really is easier to add to the spam contact which is quite large at the moment then block them.

Brian