[Shop-talk] Maybe the weirest shop related question asked here.

Mark Andy marka at maracing.com
Thu Apr 2 11:28:53 MDT 2020

Howdy,

This seems a lot more like the time I bought a nice cordless chain saw to
cut up the tree that fell down in my yard once.

I.e. I probably wasn't going to need the saw after I cleaned up the tree
and I could have just borrowed the neighbor's saw.  But I wanted one and
had a great excuse.

:)

I am struggling to picture the situation where a "big enough to be
dangerous" wild animal comes into a noisy shop by choice.  And even if said
thing occurred, as others have mentioned I dunno what the heck 'regular'
pistol calibers would do in terms of a bear.  The idea of a half dozen air
horns scattered around seems a hell of a lot more likely to actually help
you.

If you want a new pistol, just buy one.  :)

Mark