[Shop-talk] Decking material?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Mon Apr 6 12:23:18 MDT 2020

I'm looking to expand/replace the 8 x 14 deck I have now into a 16x24. It's 5/4 PT wood. What else do people like? This is a medium-budget project i.e. I want something better than 1980s era PT pine or sagging plastic lumber but Ipe and the like are probably out of range. I put a Trex railing in my house and I liked the quality but 20 years ago Trex would burn your feet off and sagged.

What's available today that has a good quality per dollar ratio?

thanks,
jim