[Shop-talk] Reasonably priced storage bins

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon Apr 27 12:12:01 MDT 2020

Hello all,

My next question is about bulk'ish plastic storage bins.

I'm looking for plastic storage bins, around the size of 24"X15"X18".
Note, actual size is not important, just around those dimensions
approximately.

However, once you start looking into these, the prices seem counter to
buying a bunch.  I was thinking of buying maybe 20 or 40 of these, but
most would mean hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. In fact, Uline starts
ONE of these containers (a little bit bigger than I need) for over $400 A
PIECE!

https://www.uline.com/BL_8213/Plastic-Bulk-Containers

Many of Amazon seem to be over $30 a piece.  I didn't want to spend that
much on these.

Does anyone know of a good reasonable alternative?  Is there maybe a place
that sells them as surplus or something?

Thanks.

I can't use cardboard, I am trying to keep out mice and moisture (but it
doesn't need to be airtight if the price is right).  I would prefer
something stackable, but if not, I can make shelves. Again, exact size
isn't important, but big enough to hold at least 5 binders would be a good
start.

This is for storage of shop items and such.

Thanks.

Mule

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?