[Shop-talk] Fog and Driving Lights

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:55:43 MDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 5:47 PM Jim Stone via Shop-talk <
shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if such a relay exists?  If not, is there a simple
> circuit that would make a standard relay work as described?

 If I recall correctly, a pair of old VW headlight dimming relays would be
a period-correct solution.  Grounding the relay by pulling on the turn
signal lever would flip-flop the relay between high beam and low beam.  Or,
in your case, on or off.  The old relays had to have the headlights on to
power them, you would need to figure out how to remind yourself to turn the
lights off or use a relay on the ignition wire to control the power.

Or, use one of them high-falutin' electronic gadgets...