[Shop-talk] everybody OK with Covid-19?

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Tue Mar 17 06:46:57 MDT 2020

You mean the stupidity of people continuing to go out and socialize despite that having not worked out so well for Italy? I know. Saturday night we tried to go out for dinner, figuring it'd be deserted. Couldn't get a reservation until 9pm. Then we realized how much people weren't getting it (including us) and were not surprised when later that night the gov't stepped in. The realization of just how bad this could get, and that it was getting worse faster than our brains could grasp it, set in. KInda like a small fire in the shop, where while you're reaching for the fire extinguisher you turn around and realize you need to reach for the telephone and the exit at the same time.

Here in Boston it's major lockdown since Sunday, like in most denseley populated areas. We can still go shop, etc. but all public gatherings of any kind are banned.

At 55 I'm not so concerned about me, but I do wonder if the tightness in my lungs last week was nothing, or something, and did I spread something before I knew that was possible?

It's a good week to clean the garage. Do I really need 20+ hammers? A pneumatic wrench my dad had in the 70s that won't undo lug nuts anymore? We watched Ford vs Ferrari Saturday night and after 25 years of playing with motorcycles exclusively, felt the hankering for a car project again.

Thanks for keeping the lights on Mark. We're going to need it for a while.

jim