[Shop-talk] Two SSRs from one PID controller

Donald H Locker dhlocker at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 17:29:46 MDT 2020

More than likely, you should connect the PID controller's outputs to the
SSRs in parallel - each SSR '+' terminal connected to the controller's
'+' output and each SSR '-' terminal connected to the controller's '-'
terminal.

SSRs typically have LED input stages and the likelihood of both SSRs
requiring the same current at half the voltage that the PID controller
can provide is slim. More likely, both SSRs require some minimum
voltage; the PID controller should be able to provide that voltage while
still providing the current to both SSRs.

If you can tell us the PID controller's and the SSRs manufacturer/model
info, we can probably help more.

Donald.
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail