[Shop-talk] software

Jim Stone 1789alpine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:56:12 MDT 2020

My only addition to what has already been said is to ask if you frequently need to do collaborative work with others who use Office?  I happily used open software for years, but had to bite the bullet and get an Office license when I started doing work with a friend who was using Office.  While the open source software will let you save Office files, we often found minor, but annoying, differences going back and forth in formatting that created problems and extra work.  This was about 4 years ago and it may be better today, but I have stayed with MS to be safe.