[Shop-talk] french patio door

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Mon Oct 19 16:07:22 MDT 2020

Need some carpenter expertise.   I have a exterior French door going out to my
deck.  One door opens the other is fixed.  The fixed door needs to be
replaced due to rot in the bottom  rail. The frame and the other door are
fine...   What do you call that fixed door ??   A "fixed panel" ??  Talked to
one of the store
'associates"  (really only needed the first three letters of that title) and he says with a nice arrogant attitude "You can't
buy that,
they don't make them You have to buy the complete unit !!"

Doesn't seem
right but what do I know...  anybody can name that door/panel/insert ??  and
can they be replaced ???

tia
John