[Shop-talk] Removing security screws

Scott Hall scott.hall.personal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:35:38 MDT 2020

New house was a foreclosure.  It was 'secured' at some point.  One of the
security features was locking sash latches in all the windows.  They did
not leave a key to those locks.  The sash latches are secured with
security/one-way screws that cannot just be unscrewed.

They're also pretty hard and so close to the window pane itself that
drilling them with a reverse drill bit isn't working.  And they're small
enough that just grabbing them with a needle-nose vice grip isn't working
either.

Any advice before I do something stupid and screw up what we're some nice
windows before the idiots got involved?

Scott