[Shotimes] OT: NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED! Civic boy giving some HORRIBLE advice!! LOL!

Neno Albert neno@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:56:18 -0800 (PST)

--- Noah South III <raggtopp@comcast.net> wrote:
>  Nothing looks stupider
> than a one wheel burnout......except maybe smoking
> your clutch........or
> launching in reverse...... <G>

Hahahah! It's funny you mention the launching in
reverse... We were at DaGrove out on the border of
Wisconsin watching my buddy run his '70 Chevelle. (400
punched 406 spray motor making nearly 600hp 595ft-lbs
on motor i believe..) It was his last run, but before
he was up, a GS 400 was going to make a pass. First
off, he pulls up in the wet section on radials which
don't belong in the water, as they trail it down the
track. Second off, he does this immensely weak burnout
with traction control on and launches right out of
there... In REVERSE! Thank god the Chevelle wasn't
directly behind him, heh!

Just thought I'd share... everyone slapped their
foreheads at the sight of it all.. it was a great way
to laugh the chills away, as it was somewhere in teh
40s at that point of the day..

BTW, 10.88@1?? was his best run for the day. I don't
remember the mph exact per say. But i do remember the
sec as it was his first time breaking out of the 11s
on that motor. :-)

Neno