[Shotimes] low coolant light

Mark Nunnally manunnal@netheaven.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:07:25 -0500

> Don't you guys look at the tank when the hood is open?  Just unplug the
> sensor and be done with it.  If you develop a major leak while running it
> won't do you any good anyway.

    But it's nice to know if the system just dumped the contents out on the
road.  Motor car overheat real fast.  I've had it happen twice, once in the
92 (light came on, I pulled over before the temp got real high) and in the
new black 89 right after I put the 3.2L in (pre-gauges, etc), about a year
ago.  Light was bad, never came on.  Didn't know the system dumped (cruising
down I75 in atlanta, used the old 150k heater lines when I did the swap
:o(   everything out a split hose till I smelled coolant and looked down and
the OEM gauge was pegged.  Lucky I didn't tear up the motor.  Low Coolant
light never came on.  Mine like Ron's, would come on AFTER you filled it up.

It's a nice "shut it down" warning in case something catastrophic happens.

mark