[Shotimes] RE: What about a 540?

Peter Maggiacomo gtsrider@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:47:58 -0800 (PST)

Ron, sorry about your bad luck with the 95 MTX.
I guess I just had dumb luck when I bought mine
13 months ago over the internet off of a mid atlantic
SHO web site. In one year of ownership my 95 MTX
has needed nothing but a fresh battery. The one I
replaced looked like the original motorcraft battery.
Not bad, 6 years out of the original battery.
Outside of the battery all I've done is a complete
fluid change of everything including power steering.
My 95 also came with a somewhat questionable past.
Previous owner claimed 60k service was done,  at
50k but provided no paperwork with the car. The other
oddity the past owner failed to mention was a
complete repaint of the entire car. Unfortunately
I did not benefit from this because the cars hood
has more chips than chips ahoy cookies. The rest
of the car is scratched and dinged on every panel of
the entire car. Now I know that internet pictures
can hide a lot! I do love this SHO MTX and so far
it has been a very good car so I do plan a total
repaint in a few years. I found a really good paint
shop that will let me disassemble the car and bring
 in the parts to be prepped and painted. That will
save a lot on labor. I'm just curious as to how long
it will remain trouble free. The clutch feels so good
that I think it might be on it's second. The car now
has 75,000 miles on it and has no squeaks or rattles.
When I emailed the past owner on what major components
had been replaced I got no response. I recently
emailed him again telling him of the good fortune I've

had with the SHO, thinking it might spark some
response but nothing. So I wonder if he's hiding
something or just does'nt like email correspondence.
In the meantime I'm enjoying the car with trouble
free miles. Let's see what the new year has instore.
Will keep you guys posted.
-Pete
95 MTX 75,000 miles
Rare Emerald Green