[Shotimes] 89 SHO for sale, cheap

John Phillis jphillis68@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:34:25 -0500

Farm life aint what it used to be. I live in Smith Twp. in Washington
County, and in Smith Twp. there are lots of low income people that live in
mostly cramped streets of old old coal mining towns. houses were built by
coal companies for their workers, and needless to say since the coal mining
era is gone around here, most houses are now filling with low income
hanburger flippers, and older senior citizens, who don't have things such as
trash pick-up, or nice working cars. most people burn their trash in their
backyard, and most people have a 20 year old car and 4 or 5 parts cars in
the back yard incase it breaks down.
Well, not anymore...  things are growing up around here, housing
developments are moving in, and so are people from higher tax brackets who
find this sort of thing disgusting, and a threat to the environment. (which
in itsself is funny considering at the time this place was mined, (strip
mined) reclaimations were not mandatory. In turn, large 1000 acre plots of
land are left turned under, with large jutting chunks of black slate and
"red dog" (burned slate) mountians of sub-rock and barren ground. rutted
from time. streams turned orange from water run-off across iron ore
deposits.  it is not a pretty place to say the least.
but now, man with BMW and 2.5 children move in, to their newly built 1/4
million dollar house in a plan, or in some cases million dollar housing
plans. (must be nice to drop $1,000,000 on a house.) and they are taking
over local government. tree huggers, whale savers, people who listen to
Jimmy Buffet. and here I am, 7th generation farmer turned bodyman, living in
the same place that my great great great great great great grandfather
originlly was given in 1777 for his service in the revolutionary war. and I
am told that my haybaler which is weathered and rusty needs to either be
garaged or "removed from sight" along with my cars, and anything else that
doesn't have current registration, inspection, and liscence plates. Am I
mad? yes I am. there are only 361 registered voters in my district. 320 of
them are democrats. and then I, along with 40 others are republican. so
there really isn't too much I can do about it. I am not moving.
so, to add to my list.
1990 Chevy 2500  runs, inspected, new GM crate engine. $1000 2wd.

John Phillis