[Shotimes] Lost MPG related to hard start?

Erik Balser masho95@attbi.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:41:08 -0500

> Erik:
>  Possible weak fuel pump and/or check valve (Which is in the pump). Cam
> sensor maybe.

Cam sensor recently replaced.

> Run your codes and make sure everything is clean.

No codes come up.

> Has the filter been changed?

Fuel filter was changed about a year ago when I was having problems with
bucking, which ended up
being the cam sensor.

> Cycle the key a couple of times before the first crank
> and see if it starts better. You can test the fuel pressure at the fitting
> on the fuel rail. Looking for about 39 psi running. Watch how fast it
falls
> after shutting the engine down. More than 5 psi/5 min and I would replace
> the pump.

My mechanic at work will have the tools to check that out, thanks for the
info, I'll be sure to check
it out.

> How many miles on the car? If you still have the stock pump I
> would replace it with at least the 190 lph from here:
> http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

The car has about 85K miles on it, and the fuel pump is the original pump,
haven't had any problems
with it yet, but we'll see.

Thanks for all the help!

'95 MTX