[Shotimes] Broken SHO - I'm Confused ?

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:10:15 -0500

Corroded connection was mentioned as a potential cause to this problem
right?  Can you return the PCM if it doesn't fix your problem?  More often
this problem would be caused by the crank sensor, without which the computer
won't allow the engine to spark.

This is one of those tough problems to diagnose that often ends up costing
an owner WAY too much money to fix.  Not to insult the mechanics, but they
often don't know what to look for on these cars.  It's good that you're
running this stuff by the list first... can save yourself tons of money that
way.

Have you seen the explanation of how the cam sensor, crank sensor, DIS, and
PCM work together?  I'm looking through my archives to see if I can find it.

Mark Mallory
Toledo, Ohio
'95 SHO MTX