[Shotimes] climate control stuck on high

David Niemiec chooey_chomp@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:44:10 -0600

Hi all

Once again, the 93 ATX has gremlins. I wrote before that the climate control
would intermittently switch from blowing on auto temp (low speed) to full
speed. When I would turn it off, the defrost would blow super high---higher
than normal even---but the display still read 'OFF.'

Well, now it blows on high right at startup. Occasionally it will sputter,
but comes right back on.

Here's my known problems: coolant leak from radiator (veeerrry slow) and as
it seems, the fan starts blowing right away at startup. I have no apparent
fan control, but the blend door seems to be functioning properly, as I can
get it to blow (at high, of course) from where the display says it should.

I have not as of yet attempted disconnecting the battery. It is, however, a
DieHard, but was purchased new in July/August, when the aforementioned
intermittent problems occurred.

Any thoughts?
Dave