[Shotimes] Suspension/steering question +extras

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:24:43 -0500 (EST)

In regards to the CE light, I would pull the LPM out and see what
happens. Reset the PCM to clear any codes and let the car relearn the
idle.

Wrt shifting problems; it sounds like a TOB/PP/ flywheel problem.
Something doesn't sound right.

Wrt bump steer..dunno what to tell you; perhaps something is loose from
when the clutch was replaced? I'd get under the car and check on
everything that was removed when the clutch was installed (SF bolts,
strut pinch bolts etc)

Ian

> Hey guys.
>
> I just replaced the clutch in the 89. I upgraded to the 9 3/4
flywheel and
> what not.
>
> But after I reassembled things I noticed that my handling has
decreased. The
> torque steer seems worse, bump steer seems to have increased, and the
car
> feels like it pops off the ground more readily than it used to when I
hit
> bumps in the road (specially under moderate to hard accel).
>
> The other thing that I have noticed is that the car does not like to
shift
> into 1st and 2nd as smoothly as it used to. I have to push the stick
much
> farther to the left before it slides in smoothly. There is not
grinding or
> thunking when I put it in gear, it just is hard to move the shifter
into
> place. Is there some way of adjusting this? Aside from getting a rod
shifter
> (which is in planning stages but wont happen till sometime this
summer).

> Have I broken something or missed something? Or am I just need to get
used
> to having a strong clutch.
>
> Lastly how can you tell if your MAF needs to be recalibrated? My SHO
now
> gives me a solid CE light when I take my foot off the gas at speeds
over 60
> and I am not sure why. It didn't do this before I replaced the heads
and
> Cams...Now it had stage 1 cams in it when I had the chip programed by
T.