[Shotimes] No replacement for displacement + turbos

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:17:07 -0500

I'm not sure why folks think that Z06s are that quick. Granted, they aren't
shabby, but mid 12s can't hold up to a stock Viper that can do high 11s with
a driver that has the "magic touch" to key the tires from boiling off the
car. Now it seems that Z06s are now third in the "best stock ET" pecking
order behind the Cobra.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ron Nottingham
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:47 PM
To: SHOtimes list
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] No replacement for displacement + turbos

What year Z06?  2006, 2007, 2008, 2009?  If you even get a Hennessey at all.
You would be lucky to receive your stock Viper back in one piece, with all
original pieces still attached, three years from now.  More than likely,
you'll end up with a body shell, a blown engine, missing gearbox, 4 spare
tires in place of the stock wheels, no seats, and a long gone hood.

That comparison is like comparing a Z06, or Viper GTS to the "Back to the
Future" Delorean :-)  No contest, as the Delorean could beat those (or any
car for that matter) by 0.1 of a second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1
year, uhhhh, well you get the picture :-)

BTW, I think I would rather put my money down on one of those Deloreans...
I think my chances of geting one of those is far better than a Hennessey.
DOH!

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO