[Shotimes] Replacing stereo head unit?

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:02:46 -0500

Any and all stereo shop sells harnesses. I think that Crutchfield is
highly overpriced. I paid $385 shipped for my Alpine CD/MP3 player that
Crutchfield sells for $650+.

PIE probably makes an adaptor for some headunits to work with the preset
controls. However, those controls are only necessary with a radio as
stupid and non ergonomically laid out as the Ford OEM radio. With my old
Kenwood and my present Alpine, I know where everything is by touch.

Speaking of all this stuff, I have a Kenwood 10 disc CD player for sale,
text capable, 2 magazines..etc

Anyone interested?

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Derrick Schmidt
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 2:59 PM
To: Dave Kegel
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Replacing stereo head unit?

> I don't have this information anymore, unfortunately.  Probably the
> best thing would be to try Crutchfield, as you mentioned.  They should

> know which of the current line of Sony units (if any)  would support
> the remote controls.

Another good thing about Crutchfield is they will sell you a wiring
harness so that you can use all existing connectors.  I put a Kenwood in
my '91 a long time ago.  The harness was actually a bit of a challenge
to stuff in there.  It would probably allow you to use all your present
controls.

Derrick