[Shotimes] My Nickle and Diming Sho

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:15:13 -0500

It could be related to fuel pressure... this is what mine did before the
fuel pump died.  I had noticed for a long time that the check valve (or
whatever is there on the fuel pump to keep fuel from returning from the
rails) wasn't working properly.  Approximately 70% of the time fuel pressure
would drop to zero immediately after cycling the fuel pump.  Towards the end
it was taking two cranks to start the car at nearly every start.  Then...
nothing, pump died.

Granted this is not the only cause by any means... but it's a place to
start.

Mark Mallory
Toledo, Ohio
'95 SHO MTX