[Shotimes] Engine Starting Speed.....was: Three Basic Reasons for Hard Starting....was: Re: My Nickle and Diming Sho

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:20:02 -0600

I think that "theory" comes from the '92 cars that came with
a starter that was slower than normal, the cars were hard to
start, and there was a recall, and all SHO's on the lots had
to have starters replaced.  Not all of them had problems,
but a lot of them did.

Other than that, I don't think the SHO has to spin faster
than any other four-cam motor, I would guess it maybe needs
a bit more speed than a motor designed to run at much lower
speeds, like a diesel or a OHC 2-valve torque motor.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club
history, that is our key to understanding!