[Shotimes] HELP! Engine Noise

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:38:32 -0500

Last night my wife and I went out to the car to run up to the grocery store.
The last time the car had been driven prior to this was about 5 hours before.
WHen I started the car I noticed that there was a slight noise that I wasn't
familiar with.  I asked my wife (who had driven it last) if it was making the
noise before.  She assured me that it wasn't.  (I believe her)

Anyway, the noise is a like a dry bearing sound coming from the passenger side
rear bank area.  I have checked all over the engine with a mechanics
stethoscope and the noise seems to be localized in that corner of the engine.
I checked all the accesories that I could reach (I can't reach the PS pump
with the stethoscope) and cannot pinpoint the exact cause of the noise.  It
gets louder under load, such as first gear acceleration, but doesn't seem to
change when the wheel is turned.  I have also checked to make sure it isn't
the A/C compressor.

Any suggestions?

Jim

'93 MTX 221K
15K on new rings and bearings and ported heads.
recently replaced alternator, starter, water pump, thermostat, radiator, oil
level sender, power slot 11.6" rotors and clutch.