[Shotimes] Plastic Hood Poll

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 01:15:02 -0500

are in the picture), and as someone mentioned it listed the Keyless Entry
and the photo car doesn't have it. Pretty sloppy ad work!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 11:07 AM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Plastic Hood Poll

That is why I wrote the plus information page.  Every true
plus I have seen has had the hood.

We have already documented that there are non-plus cars in
both 1990 and 1991 that got the plus hood.  Probably a case
of line workers grabbing what was available if the steel
hood was in low supply.  This is old news.

The literature quoted on the plus page is like ALL
automotive literature, it is written and produced months if
not years before actual production.  That something like the
hood is missing from it is not unusual or surprising.  What
we have seen with our eyes is the proof.  And we have not
seen a true plus without the hood.  Some were replaced due
to delamination or accidents.  We also have proven that
quite a few Plus SHO's did NOT get the spoiler, this we also
know as a temporary out-of stock situation, the cars were
built with what was available, but apparently the plastic
hoods were in good supply for the entire run.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club