Stupid TOP GUN quotes, was RE: [Shotimes] Plastic Hood Poll

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:01:58 -0500

Thanks Iceman

Ice: I'm on his tail, I'm on his tail, I'm going for it, going for it,
I'm going for the shot right now. Roger engage.
Slider: I've got radar lock.
Ice: Good tone, I'm taking a shot! (hits 50 million switches) Fire!
(sparrow missile magically appears from camera mounted pylon.
Ice: Bingo!
Slider: (can't control himself) watch that sucker yeah!
Mav: Ice, watch out, there's a MIG to your right..he's firing!
(.22 mm rounds fired from a 50 cal mingun (I think..don't have F5 specs
handy right now) pepper the fuselage under the canopy and some paint
flakes off)

The dialogue in that scene is sooo bad..

Ahh..I can go on and on...sadly, most of this is from memory too. :(

Prob one of my favorite movies albeit with some awesome footage and the
worst video editing I have ever seen. Yes, if you've worn out 4 VHS
copies and have now moved on to the DVD, you may have noticed such
interesting things such as:
1. Goose's presence in the last dog fighting scene although he died a
few scenes prior.
2. Breaking high and right can be the opposite
3. Flying above cloud cover over land is synonymous with flying above
water (they switch backgrounds so often its not even funny)
4. Maverick's "circus stunt flyby" results in (jester or viper's A4
somehow getting back behind him. (on his 6)

My favorite part: rolling scissors between the F14 and the A4.

SHO content: none..Jim started it; I can't stop Top Gun movie lines once
I am started..

Ian