[Shotimes] Replacing JBL Sub

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:52:43 -0500

Sounds like a hella-good deal.  My SHO thanks you for the info, although
my audiologist does not ;^)

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 163k miles BLOWN (sub, that is)
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.picturetrail.com/stevetatro

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Kevin M. Bisch
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 3:05 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Replacing JBL Sub

Got some questions about the sub driver replacement...

Does it sound as good as the stock one? Well, that's about as accurate
as
doing a "butt dyno" after putting a new exhaust on, but I'd say it
probably
does. It feels and sounds crisper than the stock one did at least, which
is
to be expected as the stock one was 10 years old. Remember, I only spent

$25 on it... since the stock amp does not deliver that much power, I
didn't
think it was worth putting a driver in that was designed for like 300
watts.

I got the PIONEER C16LR20-51F model. $24.95 from partsexpress.com. It
drops
into the existing JBL box and they give you the screws and sticky stuff
mount it with to prevent vibration.

--Kevin