[Shotimes] My Austin TX to Melbourne FL road trip

Don McKinnon (AST) dmckinnon@asttechlabs.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:01:03 -0500

Well I had to drive a 26 ft truck from Austin TX to Melbourne FL this week.

Believe it or not I did not see one single SHO along the way home!

I did see a Marauder in Houston.  I saw it coming up behind me on the
passing lane and I started to assess it!  It is a nice looking big car, I
wouldn't mind owning one if it had a SC!  Once it passed me the first thing
I noticed is that it really needs wider tires, they look like the Gen 1/2
tires on the SHO, to narrow!  Some 245's on it, like on the Impala SS, would
be the ticket.

In Baton Rouge some dumb-ass kid in a 96-98 Cobra (mystic color) thought he
would pull in front of me when traffic on the highway was coming to a stand
still at a lane closer point.  I had to laid on the horn as 24000 lbs coming
to a stop doesn't brake like a Cobra!  You should have seen his face in his
RVM, it was priceless, he switched back over to the lane he came from rather
quick without paying attention to see if it was still open, luckily the guy
behind him must has saw what was going to happen and left his space open for
him!

A rather new Porsche pulled along side of me somewhere in Mississippi and
slowed down right next to me as he was fiddling with something on the
passenger seat for a few seconds.  Traffic backed up behind him and he then
went WOT and was gone in a flash, sounded real sweet!

Wasn't paying attention when I passed an "Agriculture check point" in FL and
got pulled over.  I told the officer that I thought it was a truck weigh
station and after making me open the back to check out my contents (Anechoic
sound chamber) he was nice enough to let me go without a ticket!

My ass still hurt from the rock like seat!

Don McKinnon
95 MTX - White/Mocha 89k miles
Stage 1 Power Package with Stage 1cams
Canyon Carver Road/Race Suspension