[Shotimes] David's car

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:00:26 -0600

I have three sons, aged 12, 13, and 15.  For Christmas, the elder two are getting computers.  The youngest one, David, whom some of
you have met at SHO conventions, is getting a car.  That's right, at 12, David is getting a car.

It's a 1992 Taurus LX with 3.8L.  Crucial thing is, two airbags.  Snagged it for $260.  It's in NE Philly, will need to get it home
to La Crosse WI.  It's got a bad tranny.  I assume the head gaskets will need to be done.  Otherwise it seems intact.  Check out
eBay #1874921331.

David and I had a long talk the other day.  We agreed that, as the gearhead among the three boys, he was the one most likely to be
willing and wanting to fix up his own car.  We agreed we'd work on it so that it would be ready when he can drive it.  This Taurus
is a car that he and I can prep together.  I look forward to wrenching with him on his car.  Wait til he goes to school (6th grade)
and tells the other kids what he got for Christmas!

Joseph van Oss