[Shotimes] SLO vs SHO Brakes & Pad Suggestions

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:24:55 -0800

Hey Everyone,

I am looking into buying new front pads and rotors for my 95.  I am pretty
sure I'll go with Powerslot rotors, but I noticed they don't have a listing
for 94-95 SHOs.  They list all other years of SHOs, and show a listing for
94-2000 SLOs.  From what I've gathered from past discussions, 94+ SHOs and
SLOs share the same brakes at least until 2000.  Does this mean I could go
ahead and buy rotors for a 95 SLO that would work on my SHO with the stock 95
calipers?

I know you guys are going to say I should just upgrade to the 96 SHO brakes,
but I am flat broke right now, and the larger rotors run $30 more a piece, not
to mention the extra cost of the caliper brackets and the unavailability of
performance pads made specifically for the 96+ SHO.

Although Powerslot doesn't realize they make correct-size rotors for stock 95
brakes, they make them for 96-97 Thunderbirds with standard suspensions, which
just happen to use the same rotors as 94+ SLOs according to Autozone's site.
I also see that Thunderbirds with the "sport" suspension use the same rotors
as 96+ SHOs, so we we may be able to find listings for performance pads that
will work for the 96 brake upgrade under Thunderbirds with sport suspensions.

It also appears that Hawk doesn't realize they, too, make pads for the stock
95 brakes, but they make them for 96-97 Thunderbirds with standard suspension!
: )

I don't want ANY MORE rotor warping, so I am thinking about getting the
Powerslots cryogenically treated.  Sound like a good idea?  Any
recommendations for pads???

THANKS!

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (I SHO U)