[Shotimes] PIAA HID

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:31:55 -0600

Paul,

I am not sure of the part number, but they fit the '89
opening perfect(sit just inside the opening, with the
slightly bigger lens against the back of the opening.  Looks
perfect.  There are two square lights with a yellow fog and
white driving bulb.

Doug Mellum wired it with his kit to run the aux lights with
the main lights in park mode.  The PIAA trigger wire is just
run into the end of a wire at the old stock light location.
  so when I turn on my stock aux light switch, it powers the
relay for the PIAA lights that are wired to the battery.
Then the PIAA dual switch was mounted right next to the
stock switch.  Now I have the pilot light from the stock
switch, and the PIAA switch lets me toggle between fog OR
driving.  With this kit, there was no option to turn on
both.  Really I don't see a need to turn on both.

I have driven in really BAD fog with only the PIAA fogs on
and could see better than with either the stock low beams or
low beams with fogs.  The driving lights can make even SEMI
drivers beg for mercy.

Don Mallinson