[Shotimes] Gen2 ATX question

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:36:31 -0500

European cars have had this feature for many years, I suspect that GM is
just "slow".

The other reason I believe this is that GM is STILL clueless on interior
design. We get Avis cars during our work travels, which gets us a range of
GM vehicles. GM isn't consistent on how their wipers, trunk releases,
autolamp delays, etc work among their various models. When we get a
different GM car, it's a relearning process. Ford is very good in this area,
and IIRC, Chrysler is also (although I don't drive many D-C cars).

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 10:36 AM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: SHOTimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Gen2 ATX question

Also, something new on this pickup.   the turn signal now
uses a Ford like setup...pull back to flash high beams, push
forward for high beams to stay on.  A much better method
than the usual GM setup of pull back to change between high
and low, and NO flash to pass feature.  I Wonder if the
Patent on that feature just expired?

Don Mallinson