[Shotimes] fuel smell

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:55:16 -0800

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:58:49 -0500, don donelson wrote:

>I am thinking the charlcoal fuel cannister and or the solenoid that acutates
>it that your wiring harness hooks to ( under the coil pack  and one vent
>hose hooks too ).
>
>Anyone ever have this problem and am I correct on the diagnois ?
>
>There is no smell when running .. none ...

That's the place I would start.  I thought the Plus from Hell had that problem, but
it had a leaking injector.  It stank really bad all the time, after starting, and
after shutdown until the fuel evaporated.  I changed the solenoid first, but tested
the original one and it worked OK.  The fact that your fuel smell stops while
running makes the cannister more of a candidate, I would think.

You know there is a pretty good troubleshooting technique for the cannister system
on the FAQ, right?

;-)

George