[Shotimes] Bad Brake Pads!

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:40:50 -0800

Thanks for the info everyone!

I took a closer look at my brakes this afternoon and saw that the pad has
started deteriorating and the pad material has built up in spots on the rotor,
so the rotors are not to blame this time around!

I came to a solution for the time being since I am so broke.  I got a new set
of rotors replaced under warranty from Napa and picked up a set of the
Performance Friction pads for $30.00 from Autozone with our shop discount.
Rest-assured, Schucks will be getting their crappy Raybestos pads back that I
paid $67.99 for!

I still plan to upgrade the brakes to Brembos or at least the 96 brake upgrade
when I get a job and some cash - those Carbotech pads sound like the way to go
if cost isn't important! :)

Thanks again for all the help!

Josh Salaets
95 Taurus SHO (I SHO U - undergoing yet another brake job!)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast - two sets of pads in 5 years and NO
problems!)
Eugene, OR