[Shotimes] Bad Brake Pads!

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 02:04:48 -0500

All of the raving was about the Carbotech F pad, which they aren't making
anymore. As John Hrinsin found out, the pad material was from Hawk, who had
a falling out with Carbotech and doesn't supply the material anymore.

I've heard good things about the Porterfield 4S for the street and
occasional track use.

Now that it appears that PF will be making a pad in the 598 size for the '96
brake setup, I may try those next time.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Josh Salaets
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 1:52 AM
To: James White; SHOtimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Bad Brake Pads!

> (IMHO) Forget carbotech.
>
> Go to Porterfield.
>
> The still offer a good street/race pad, whereas Carbotech only offers a
fair
> race pad.

So you don't like Carbotech?  Any particular reason why - just curious, as
the SHOtimes FAQ raves about them.  Anyone else out there like/dislike the
Carbotechs?

Maybe the SHOtimes FAQ should be updated - at least with the specs and
reactions over the Porterfields, as they aren't even mentioned in the brake
pad discussion.  Come to think of it, I totally forgot about Porterfields!

Josh Salaets
95 Taurus SHO (I SHO U)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast.)
Eugene, OR