[Shotimes] Brake Fluid Special

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:45:19 -0500

I was out on the Motive Products website, http://www.motiveproducts.com/ as
I have decided to give up on my project of making my own pump bleeder, and
I'm getting one of their Pro kits, which are currently on a special deal
with fluid and cleaner.

Anyway, they are also having a sale on brake fluid. ATE Gold, ATE Blue, and
Motul are going for $9.95/liter. As a background, the stats are:

ATE:		Dry = 536, Wet = 392
Motul:	Dry = 585, Wet = 421

Also, they have Valvoline Synthetic for $1.49 for the half-pint bottle
($2.50 at AutoZone). As a comparison, Valvoline (which I've been using, and
have been happy with), is the following

Dry = 502, Wet = 343

Anyway, I have a compressor-type vacuum brake bleeder that is FS cheap if
someone wants it. It works well, but the pressure bleeder has the advantage
of being portable (or I can use it on my compressor).

For anyone trying to make your own pressure bleeder, here's a hint: the
pressure tank is the easy part, the PITA is getting a good seal on the
master cylinder.....but Motive Products does sell their m/c fittings for
$15-$25 each.....and the Ford type (#1101)is $19.95.

As an FYI, Josh's SHO Nut price is also $10 for the ATE. FWIW, I'm getting
the Motul 600 myself, as the blue/yellow thing is not that big a deal to me
(I can flush the whole system with a quart, anyway) and the Motul has
slightly better numbers.

Ron Porter