[Shotimes] Bad Brake Pads!

SHO GOS shogos@earthlink.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:45:59 -0800

I bought the street version. Like most other brands they have a street and a
track pad. I had a paper that came with the pads that told you how to set
the pads but I can't find it. I think (it's been over a year since I put
them on) I made 3 stops from 45 mph with moderate peddle pressure and 1 stop
from 60 with full peddle pressure, then I let the car sit for 30 minutes.

I've had the Vette for 3 years. I don't know what pads were on it when I got
the car but it never stopped well when it was dry and it was like riding a
skate board on ice when they were wet. A few of my friends put Hawks on
their rides for AutoXing. This was the first time I had ever heard of them
before so I gave them a try. They really work for me. I told my AWA that I
was going to try a panic stop once while doing 60. She had her feet flat on
the floor and when I hit the brakes her legs flew forward.

I have 5 spoke polished rims and there isn't any dust to speak of. I put a
pair of Raydusters on the front of my 95 SHO and they turn the slicers brown
after one day of stop and go traffic.

I'll buy Hawk again. I have not tried any of the other brands. When it came
time to replace the SHO's pads I couldn't find (in my area) any of the pads
that everyone on the list were using. I'm going to buy Hawks for the SHO
after Christmas. I'm tired of all of the dust on the front slicers. I'm
going to put a pair on the front of my 98 Ranger SC too.

Happy Holidays!