[Shotimes] Things that go "clunk in the trunk"

Zoltan nd4spdsho@cox.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:34:11 -0500

Sounds like the upper strut mounts have gone bad...if they were ever
reinstalled

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Mateo Offe
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 6:24 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Things that go "clunk in the trunk"

Just had some professional install rear struts on my 91' SHO about 3 weeks
ago.  Now they are making a "clunk" sound when I hit a pothole or other road
imperfections.  Removed rear tire and jack - same noise.  Thinking they had
insalled the wrong struts, I called a local parts store.  They claim the
rears are interchangeable with standard Taurus'(?)  Comparing mine to the
same year/make/model SHO here in town, I noticed the distance from top of my
rear tire to the fender well is considerably more narrow that my friends.
Could they have missed installing a bushing or something like that?  What
gives?

Klunking in Koastal Kalifornia,

Mateo