[Shotimes] White slicers

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:21:10 -0500

It seems that I've ended up buying directional tires for about half of my
SHO tire purchases. Personally, I haven't seen a mileage difference between
non-directional tires that I've rotated side-to-side & front to rear, and
directionals that I only move front to rear. Seems like I get ~35K per set
regardless of what I do.

I think the key thing is to do the regular tire rotations, regardless of how
you do them.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 9:33 AM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] White slicers

They are supposed to be a bit lighter, and directional is
cool unless you are like 90% of used car dealers that rotate
the tires and don't notice that the wheels are directional!

Other than that, no difference at all.  I prefer the NON
directional wheels (and tires) so I can rotate my tires side
to side and front to back without worry, I (and anyone else)
will get a LOT better mileage from tires by doing that, and
it is safer for driving than not rotating, or just rotating
front to back.

Don Mallinson

Silver Sleeper wrote:
> well,  what would be the advantage of having the direction slicers vs the
non directional ones?  is theyre anything else special about them besides a
cute little sho log and an arrow under the center cap?