[Shotimes] Leather Seats, Woodgrain kits, and Oxygen Sensors!

Chris "Zap" zap@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:04:15 -0500

Yet another pondering about random SHO ideas lately....

First of all, I wanted to confirm that replacing an oxygen sensor that isn't
throwing any code has no benefit.  I figured that it isn't worth spending
$40 if it will work the same as the current one.  I know there is a testing
procedure on SHOTimes, which I plan to use on the bad one (I think its the
wiring, because it is intermittant), but I remember a debate in the past of
whether replacing the sensors just because they are old does any good and I
cannot remember what the conclusion was.  I hope to maybe get under the car
tomorrow and finally do away with the sporadic CE lights! :)

Second, I went looking with my girlfriend and her dad for a new car for her
(hers was hit and totaled, and what luck that she could get a SHO instead of
her boring old car!  Basically it was for her dad to take a look at another
SHO besides mine, as we were only partially interested due to the options.)
Anyhow, the leather in the car was immaculate!  It seriously looked like it
was brand new.  I asked if the seats had been replaced, and suprisingly I
was told that they had been reconditioned (at a cost of maybe $100-$200)
instead.  I could not believe my eyes, and was curious if anyone had more
input into reconditioning the leather seats to look that nice by yourself,
or what is involved.  I wish I had pictures.

Finally, the car also had a "woodgrain" kit that was installed in it.  I
actually thought it was kinda snazzy looking, and was curious if there was
any knowledge of such kits in existance for the SHO.  I had not previously
heard of anything of the sort, but apparently one exists.

Thanks,
Chris
'95 Emerald Green MTX (@ 143k)