[Shotimes] FW: "Hillman - " Off Topic - High miles...

d.rosicke d.rosicke@snet.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:36:06 -0500

And you thought you had high mileage SHO's!!!

Dave R.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hillman@can-inc.com [mailto:owner-hillman@can-inc.com]On
Behalf Of Alkon
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 8:50 PM
To: Hillman List
Subject: Re: "Hillman - " Off Topic

This message forwarded by the Hillman List.

Sounds like my Ford Taxi. (97 Falcon wagon )
650,000km, everthing is so so loose. Drives ok on smooth surfaces but gets
all "squirrilly" if you get unreasonable and expect it to negotiate bumpy
surfaces or use those brake things.Groans , creaks and rattles like you
would expect from a geriatric Ford. :-))
Good news is I get a new one on new years day, can hardly wait.

Where do you stop with replacing parts??? Jacking it all up and trying to
see where the looseness is can lead you astray as often you take the load of
ball joints etc and the apparent loosness or wear isn't as bad as it
appears. My experience has been that wear in tie rod ends, steering rack and
strut rod bushes can cause vibration under braking. Some cars seem more
prone to this than others.
 The last thing you replace will be the cause of the problem :-))

Keith
55 Californian