[Shotimes] adding a subwoofer to premium sound

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:53:21 -0600

>From my EVTM, I infer the JBL system has some sort of on/off switch controlling the subwoofer?

Okay, the JBL subwoofer amp has a yellow/red pair, that appears to be power.  Red is ground.  Yellow is positive, coming through
something called a "radio choke."  What's a radio choke?  Anyway, I can figure out how to get power to this amp.

Going from the main JBL amp, over to the subwoofer amp, are three wires (color no shown):  Audio+ on pin 3, Audio- on pin 4, and
"mute" on pin 5.  Where am I going to get this from?

I want a CD player in the 92 anyway, and all attempts to add a factory Sony CD player have ended in failure.  Maybe I should just
replace the whole system.

Joseph