[Shotimes] OT - Tires for wife's SUV

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:53:52 -0800

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:04:12 -0500, Steve Tatro wrote:

>Looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/L.  Any thoughts or other
>recommendations?  It's purely a grocery-getter; no off-road use.

The Tire Rack website mentions a couple of different Dueler tires from Bridgestone.
One was better than the other, but I don't remember which was which.  I do know our
RX300 has the better tires on it, and I need to go out in the rain and see which
ones it has.

The RX has Dueler H/T tires.  They are supposed to be a lot better than the other
Dueler tire, which MIGHT be the H/L.  I think the tread design and its effects on
driving were what the website mentioned.  It's been a while since I did that
checking.  We only have about 7500 miles on it in 18 months, but I am very pleased
with them....they are round, quiet, and hold their balance.  They feel fine in
turns, but naturally I don't drive it hard like I do the Lowrider.

I am pleased with the service I have gotten from the various Bridgestone tires I
have used, although the only ones I have gone a LONG way on are the Lowrider's
RE730s.  I have heard good things about most of the other Potenzas.

I read the Tire Rack reviews of tires when I am considering changing brands.  You
might take a look at their reviews for the various tires they sell....they are very
informative, and usually accurate.

George