[Shotimes] MTX Tranny Troubles

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:33:55 -0500

Try new tranny fluid. It is amazing how different fluids affect shifting
characteristics.

Tom Wallenhorst has had some good luck with some GM tranny juice.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of James White
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 5:42 PM
To: `V6 SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] MTX Tranny Troubles

Just got back from a grewling week.  1400+ miles and I still have a lot more
work to do...

Starting today I am having trouble getting it into first and second gear.
"Double clutching" doesn't help.  Sometimes I can't get into the 1-2 slot
and sometimes I can't get it all the way into 1st, but can get 2nd.  There
doesn't seem to be as much of a problem when the motor is off and the car is
stationary.  Reverse isn't a problem, so I know that it isn't the clutch.

Where should I look first?

Shift linkage?  From the top or the bottom?

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   275k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   224k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO